TONY DEMEO UNDER CENTER OPTION STUFF

karjaw

TONY DEMEO UNDER CENTER OPTION STUFF

Post by karjaw » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 am

Coach
Tony's stuff is the best option stuff around. Especially his under center concepts that are unique only to him. He is the only option coach I have ever seen take it and make it easy enough that any talent can use it. I went to a TD clinic in the early 90's and it was the best option clinic I had ever been to and TD discussed under center option football and gave his what you really need to do to make option go and not all of the clinic talk BS you see from other coaches. It was a three part clinic and it was so good and I wanted to make sure I got all of the little bits of info correct I went to see it at three different times and locations.
We currently use all of these concepts we got from TD and use them under center and the last 2 years we rushed for over 3700 yds a season (9 games) and 20000yds in the last 7yrs. There are guys out there on the net selling private clinics on option football for over $3000 and do not know half the stuff TD does in the GUN, but his real talent is his knowledge of the under center option. That information is a GOLD MINE.
The latest gun dvds are excellent bought them despite being an under center guy. I have one question for TD:
Do you still do under center (flexbone) clinics and information?
Thanks
Coach Wright

TDdemeo

Re: TONY DEMEO UNDER CENTER OPTION STUFF

Post by TDdemeo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 am

Coach Wright
If I ever need a press agent - you have the job!
I still do under center clinics but I haven't run under center stuff since 2005.
I used to do both Gun $ under center from 1999 - 2005 - We'd start the Play in 2 pt. stances & in the Gun & then drop down to 3 point stances & get under center.We had a lot of success doing that. But we got so good at the Gun Triple we stayed with that after 2005.
Thanks for your kind words. If you want me to do an under center camp/clinic I would be available.
Take Care
Tony

karjaw

Re: TONY DEMEO UNDER CENTER OPTION STUFF

Post by karjaw » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Coaches
Just wanted to add to my original response. Though we have not moved to the gun option as of yet, we did use Tony's under center stuff with a great deal of success. Here is some of our accomplishments:
1. Sectional Champs for the 1st time in 17 years at our HS.
2. #2 Rushing team in our section and #2 in our state.
3. Finished Ranked #4 in AA NYS (this is the largest schools in NYS) and at one point we were #1 ranked. (also a 1st time in our schools history)
4. 2nd Time Coach of the Year winner.

A lot of how we go about things: Scheme/Practice etc. came from what we learned from Tony at his clinics in Charleston. Just wanted to say thanks and can not wait for your seminar in March
Coach Wright