Book Reviews

TDdemeo

Book Reviews

Post by TDdemeo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:33 pm

BOOK REPORTS
Each month we will give a book report on a book that may or may not be viewed as a footbal book but is a book that we have found helpful in our coaching experiences. If you have a comment on our book selection or have a book you would like to review please feel free to contribute.
Good Luck
Tony

lgfine

Re: Book Reviews

Post by lgfine » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 am

Tony,

One of the things I really liked about Good to Great was the point about surrounding yourself with talented people, regardless of whether you have an immediate need.

From a coaching standpoint, I think this certainly applies to recruiting. In football, there is no doubt you need to recruit for positions but you also need if a great player is available for a position you are already strong in, you need to recruit that person anyway. You can always find a place for a great player but you can't always find a great player when you have a place available

Lawrence Fine

TDdemeo

Post by TDdemeo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Lawrence,
Great observation - right on target. I think the coaches would appreciate your pyramid of winning.
Take Care
Tony

TDdemeo

Post by TDdemeo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Lawrence,
Great observation - right on target. I think the coaches would appreciate your pyramid of winning.
Take Care
Tony