Hudl as a tool

Coach M

Hudl as a tool

Post by Coach M » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Do any coaches on the forum use Hud? If you do how do you use the data breakdown for offense? What columns do you use for your data?

Coach M

nathan.stanley

Re: Hudl as a tool

Post by nathan.stanley » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

At the end of the season I select every offensive play from every game that season (just filter the "O" plays and select them by checking the box next to the play). From there, I make sure I have all the pertinent info filled in from the play name, to the formation, to down, distance, yard line, etc. We do this as we go, so it's not a big deal to fill in the blanks. Off of that I run reports which breaks down the tendencies by formation, strength, etc. Another thing I did was put together a teaching playlist that I burned to a DVD. To get the best plays, I would filter by the play name, and then arrange the playlist by most yards or TD's. This was really interesting because you could see pretty easily what formations had a correlation with big plays, etc.

During the season, I make sure that we do some self scouting with HUDL, but I spend a lot of time looking at plays that didn't work, and watching them over and over. This is really easy all at once with HUDL as you just filter plays by yards +/-.