Another Triple Gun Success Story

trojanjoe

Another Triple Gun Success Story

Post by trojanjoe » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm

For you guys in the Northeast. I was at last weekends Glazier Clinic. I didn't have a relevant clinic to go to one evening, so i thought i would sit in on a Pistol no huddle offense talk. Turned out it was Coach Demeo's offense from soup to nuts. The talk ended up engulfing me for the remainder of the wekend. It was Coach Daryl Weiss from Bates College. Bates plays in the New England Small College Athletic Conference which in other words, the "Mini Ivy Legue" - these are top flight acadmic kids. They've had like 2 winning season in 40 years and SI did an article on them back in the 80's about being the worst college program in the Nation. Needless to say, they've been rock bottom....until the triple gun was installed 2 seasons ago. They just went 5-3 this past season using pro style personell held over from the previous OC. I'm excited to see what they can do when they get a true double threat qb. What makes them unique is they try to play at a Chip Kelly pace (all hand signals). Obviously this guy can coach if they can win up at Bates College in Maine. So if you are in the neighborhood and want to speak to an ultra passionate coach about triple gun, Bates College is another resource.

TDdemeo

Re: Another Triple Gun Success Story

Post by TDdemeo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Joe

They have done a GREAT job at Bates & are going to be better this year. Daryl Weiss is really a bright guy & has embraced the Triple Gun. The last time Bates had this much success - Noah was putting animals on an arc & it was starting to rain.

Take Care
Tony

cometcoach

Post by cometcoach » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 am

Joe,

Would Coach Weiss be receptive of other coaches asking questions? I'm just trying to get as many resources as I can for the gun triple.

trojanjoe

Post by trojanjoe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

i think so. he gave his card out. also, in their league, they don't do spring football and they don't have a fall camp. they have 8 game schedules. so i'm guessing they have more time than a standard college schedule.