game plan ideas needed

dschuring

game plan ideas needed

Post by dschuring » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Coaches,
the team we play this week is a base 3-5 team. What they try to do vs the gun triple offense is take away any cutback opportunities and backside type counter action. the DE on the side arc or jet motion originates will crash down inside and 1or2 LB's will blitz to help secure the edge. they want to keep all action to the frontside. i know we can use motion to throw quick back against the stunts. i need some other ideas to pay for this action. any help is appreciated.
thanks
dale

Newt21

Re: game plan ideas needed

Post by Newt21 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:55 pm

dschuring wrote:Coaches,
the team we play this week is a base 3-5 team. What they try to do vs the gun triple offense is take away any cutback opportunities and backside type counter action. the DE on the side arc or jet motion originates will crash down inside and 1or2 LB's will blitz to help secure the edge. they want to keep all action to the frontside. i know we can use motion to throw quick back against the stunts. i need some other ideas to pay for this action. any help is appreciated.
thanks
dale
I'd look for a pop pass to the PS slot, especially if they're blitzing to secure the edge. They can't defend it all. Also, if run lead option, you can crack block with your WR on the ILB, Arc with PS Slot, block dive key with tackle, pitch off the OLB and lead block with your dive back on the corner. You will run all day on this IMO.

cometcoach

Post by cometcoach » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Trojan Joe's whirly pap post wheel is a great play for this. For example: left slot goes in whirly motion QB and TB fake pa left left wr runs post whirly back runs the wheel nobody should be home on for him.

We saw a steady diet of this last season and have not seen much of it this year.

Throw slant on the backside of motion. Off set the TB to the side of the motion and throw a swing pass over the blitzing spur's head.

Use a TE on the side you are motioning from it creates one more gap they have to account for.

These are a few ideas that have worked this season for us. We have not always hit on them but it has scared teams from all out blitz backside.

We also protect our backside on pap if we see this look by going whirly left pap right and run crossers back to the side they are blitzing from.

dschuring

Post by dschuring » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:44 am

Coaches,
thanks for the ideas. we won 49-22. for the first time ever vs this team we were able to run all three phases of triple. we did not need the cut back opportunities. we could throw hitch or slice anytime we needed yards to,the originating side of motion. We also got one big play from a middle screen to our right slot. the play was a "counter" to T screen right. everyone except the right slot runs T screen, he just slips in behind the G-C-G. great play for a blitzing team.
dale

cometcoach

Post by cometcoach » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Dale,

One thing I have noticed this season after playing a bunch of 3-3 stack teams is we must keep the guards wide in a base 3 ft split. If we do smart splits we didn't have much of an angle to block the Mike backer with the psg. After we did this last week we ran for 400 yards and had 525 total yards on offense.

They were a poor defense but it looked soooo much better. We have just decided to go to a base 3' split across the board on these teams. It sounds really simple and I'm a little embarassed i didn't do this earlier. Good luck the rest of the way.

dschuring

Post by dschuring » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:39 pm

We have gone the opposite way. We always close down our guards on the center vs. 3 front teams. We triple the nose and work to gaps and backers from there.

Dale

cometcoach

Post by cometcoach » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 am

Lots of different ways to get it done. Good luck in the playoffs!