MONDAY'S BOWL GAMES -WOW!

TDdemeo

MONDAY'S BOWL GAMES -WOW!

Post by TDdemeo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:29 am

Coaches,
What a great day of college football. One great game after another.

The Granddaddy of them all was super. Oregon beat Wisconsin 45-38. The Ducks' speed is unreal. D'Anthony Thomas is a nuclear weapon! This was a tempo game - Wisconsin had to keep it to 8 possessions. After 8 possessions they had the lead but did not score in their last 4! Oregon scored twice in their last 4 possessions to win the game. The Badgers had to shorten the game to win.

The Fiesta Bowl was another great game with Okie State outlasting Stanford in overtime 44-38. Again this was a tempo game. Stanford had the ball for 41+ minutes and had 590 yards & lost! This shows how meaningless time of possession is. IT'S the NUMBER of possessions that matter. The Stanford "D" was gassed at the end of the game. OSU scored on their last 4 possessions in a 14 possession game. Stanford had the game won if they could have kicked a short FG.

Michigan St nips UGA 33 - 30 in OT - UGA blew a 16-0 lead to lose an exciting game in overtime. scored a non-offensive TD on a 92 yd. punt return (meaningful stat) but a non-offensive TD got the Spartans back in the game.

Houston over Penn St. 30-14 - the only sad game of the day. Two of the WORST announcers of ALL TIME. A sparse "crowd" on ESPNU - minor league station & Houston desperately trying to run up the score against a wounded lion. Every time PSU QB ran the Zone Read - the boob announcer called it "The Wildcat" - Houston's "D" held PSU to only 14 pts. below the -16 benchmark (meaningful stat) & had a +3 turnover margin (meaningful stat).
Houston threw for mega yards but only scored 30 but still above the baseline 25 (meaningful stat)

Take Care
Tony

trojanjoe

Re: MONDAY'S BOWL GAMES -WOW!

Post by trojanjoe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Love these wrap ups Coach Demeo. I find myself watching the Bowl Games and seeing if I can predict what you will say.

Joe

TDdemeo

Re: MONDAY'S BOWL GAMES -WOW!

Post by TDdemeo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 am

Joe,
I'm very predictable.
Take Care
Tony